Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Like Sister, Like Brother... and Other Goodies

The best part about not sending your kids to preschool, you ask? Saving that extra 200 bucks a month. Yes it's a little extra work on my part but I wouldn't have it any other way. David and I recently went to a home school convention and ended leaving empty handed but inspired. Here is a very Montessori inspired project. We wrote out the sight words we are working on and then cut yarn to glue over our words. Bella asks me every day if we can make more yarn words. Here she is pictured searching the Banagram(super fun Scrabble-like game) letters to match to her yarn words.
Photobucket
Elliott searching too. He also has yarn "words". hehe. So cute.
Photobucket

Also, look what I made:
Photobucket
Freezer jam! With only 1/2 a cup of honey in 4+ jars! That is my kind of jam. To make this I just washed and cut my bunch of rhubarb and boiled it for maybe two minutes. Then I strained the rhubarbs and added it back into my pot. I added washed, mashed strawberries about four pints. Brought that to a slow boil and added the pectin according to the package. Super easy. My next challenge is canning it next time!

No comments: