Tuesday, January 18, 2011

More of the Same Only Different

I must be on a sewing kick to have this many projects to post in one week. I feel like I am playing catch up with all the projects I've wanted to do since before the birthday/holiday marathon started. Here is the first real successful top I've made myself. I see me wearing this a lot in the summer. I like it so much I may start sewing more wearable things for myself. This top ended up costing me 15 dollars in fabric. (actually free because I used a gift card. Thanks to Ben and Julia!) I already had fabric for the facing, thread, and the pattern.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

These produce bags are technically for my sewing circle project even though the project was to make a tote. I can't imagine getting excited about making a tote when I already have around 15. I am not exaggerating when you count all the reusable grocery bags that keep finding their way into my home. Does anyone need or want any reusable grocery bags? Of course you don't you probably have as many as I do. I thought I'd ask! So back to the bags, these were all made with scraps which is why they are all different sizes. I took a lesson for my grandma who uses EVERYTHING and used selvage for the draw string. I resisted the urge to go buy something new that would look perfect with these, but seriously they are produce bags. Who cares what the draw string looks like? I think the selvage adds character. =P
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: