Friday, August 27, 2010

Somehow..... I squeezed in time to make these

The best part about moving is getting to decorate. Looking for new fabrics... oooo. Trying to work around the wall colors so I don't have to try and paint anything with two kids (hahahahaha!) It's been a fun way to get the creative juices flowing.

The worst part about moving is having to decorate.
Photobucket

My struggle with the new house is big and dark and RED. It would be the kitchen/dining room. If you know me at all, you know a red formal looking room is not me. at. all. So I've been looking for ways to deformalize the kitchen while somehow blending my orange couch. (why the heck did I buy an orange couch?)

Photobucket

Conclusion: If you can not afford to make the curtains you LOVE with fabric you LOVE do not attempt to make them yourselves. Even if you save 10 bucks, It is not worth it! Net time I will just buy the boring fabric curtains and add the embellishments. It would have saved me tons of time and heart ache. Live and learn.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And this was so much fun to make.

Photobucket
Would it be weird to have multiple yo-yo quilts hanging in my house? Also, is there a better way to hang quilts?

2 comments:

gnomeInTheWall said...

do you have that quilt nailed to the wall? put tabs on it and hang it with a dowel. I like your bird curtains by the way

Emily Brown said...

gnome,

No I do not have it nailed to the wall! LOL! Some credit please. Those are thumb tacked.