Thursday, August 12, 2010

August Update

So we are officially moved. No, this not a hobby or life style of mine. It has just happened to be the way things worked out. Although I have been able to hold onto my sanity through these six (yes, SIX) moves in the last three years, it is getting harder and harder. Thank goodness I have these little bundles of joy to remind me what life is all about. If you ask Isabella, it's all about butterfly scones!

So we are packing everything up, our house is a HUGE mess and Bella wants to make muffins. Sadly, I have to tell her the muffin tin is packed up and we won't be able to make muffins again until we are in our new house. She shrugs and says "Okay, lets make scones". I open my mouth to say no we can't make scones when I realize we can make scones. Why shouldn't we just add to the piles of mess we call home? So Bella is mixing the dry ingredients as usual and mama is getting the butter ready. I plop the butter in the bowl and Bella without prompting picks up the pastry blender and gets to work. I just sat there and smiled. Blending the butter is usually my job, but she remembered what to do when the butter was blended and has watched me do it probably 500 times. (Of course, she needed a little help) She is probably a better baker at age two then I was a couple years ago.

Photobucket
You can see she is very serious about our baking.

Since we have been in our new home tea parties are all the rage. Almost everyday I get asked for a tea party and almost everyday I give in. I can't wait until we can start inviting friends to our tea parties. I am thinking about having a tea party style birthday party for Bella this year, complete with little kid sized finger sandwiches.

Photobucket

One more note and recipe from our kitchen: Bella's Strawberry Muffins

Photobucket

mix together: 2 cups organic whole wheat pastry flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 3 tsp baking powder, 1/4 cup of sugar
add: 1 egg, 1 cup milk, 3tbs grape seed oil, 1 cup cut strawberries
bake: at 400 for 15 minutes
enjoy: with butter and/or honey

Photobucket

and well this..... speaks for itself. You got to love that face!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

gotta love that face. He looks more like Bella every day